1. Accord Entrepreneur of the Year Award on Foundation Day
- Title of the Practice:
- Objectives of the Practice:
- Foster Entrepreneurship.
- Recognize the contributions of entrepreneurs from Belagavi to the economy.
- Inspire the students towards their entrepreneurial journeys through real life examples.
- The Context:
- Faculty members nominate entrepreneurs from Belagavi to be felicitated on foundation day two months before foundation day event. Faculty members identify the entrepreneur who have made a significant contribution to the society.
- In Faculty meeting, finalization of an entrepreneur takes place by discussing on various parameters.
- Final name is put forth in front of GC/Management for the approval.
- Approach the entrepreneur and take his consent for felicitation.
- Building the profile of the entrepreneur by interacting with him/her.
- Felicitation of the entrepreneur on foundation day, showcasing his/her contribution and presenting him/her with the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Institute builds a good rapport with industry by felicitating entrepreneurs.
- These entrepreneurs guide students who aspire to become entrepreneurs after their MBA.
- Students visit their factory and learn practical aspects of business
- Students can do internship projects in their factories.
- Entrepreneurs help, guide and spark entrepreneurial zeal among students.
- Resources Required:
- Financial budget of Rs 3.00 Lakhs
- Manpower: all teaching and administration staff of IMER institute. We also involve students in the process.
- Logistics facilities for guests.
- We print and distribute invitation cards to all stake holders.
- Food expenses.
- Accommodation for guests.
- Photographs and Video Link:
Accord Entrepreneur of the Year Award on Foundation Day of the Institute.
Belagavi is the cluster of entrepreneurs since many decades. Entrepreneurs of this region have contributed to local and regional economy to a large extent. Belagavi is called as hydraulics capital of India due to great entrepreneurial culture. Belagavi is the second highest contributor of commercial taxes to the government of Karnataka, after Bengaluru.
Now Belagavi is part of Smart City Project, and Belagavi entrepreneurs can contribute to larger extent to the growth of this smart city. With this background we at KLS IMER, recognize, appreciate and felicitate well known entrepreneurs and their success story can be replicated by our students.
Video Profile of Entrepreneur : https://youtu.be/HzprEHRw-Og
2. Antaraprerana, Annual Business Plan Competition in collaboration with by EDII Ahmedabad
- Title of the Practice:
- Objectives of the Practice:
- To promote entrepreneurial spirit among the students of IMER by encouraging students to prepare a Business Plan.
- The Practice:
Antaraprerana, Annual Business Plan Competition in collaboration with by EDII Ahmedabad
Antaraprerana is to promote entrepreneurial spirit among the IMER student community by encouraging students to prepare a Business Plan, which they can realize in the coming future, by considering all the aspects involved in creating a new business or re-building the existing one. This is aligned with the vision of KLS-IMER.
Antaraprerana 2019 is a flagship annual Business Plan competition of the KLS’ institute of Management Education and Research Belagavi. The objective of this event is to promote entrepreneurial spirit among the student community by encouraging students to prepare business plan, which they can realize in coming future, by considering all aspects involved in creating a new business or rebuilding the existing one. The competition comprises of three rounds: Pitching; Presentation of Business Plan; Prototype presentation. The guidelines are:
- Competition is compulsory for students enrolled for the EDII program. Competition is open for other students of the institute also. Each team shall comprise of 3-4 students.
- Each team prepares Executive summary of Business plan and submit along with the names of team members to Dr.Poornima M. Charantimath
- The B Plan competition has three phases. In the first phase, participants are expected to do a 3-minute pitching (Brief Explanation) of their Idea (Only one person from the team will do this). The second phase involves a power point presentation of the B-Plan and the third phase comprises of display of prototypes and Q & A.
- The B-Plan presentation should include 12 slides: Introduction of team; Industry and company; Innovation; Strategic plan; Marketing plan; financial plan; Operating plan; HR plan; Business Model; Environmental and social benefits; Readiness for incubation; Future plan and conclusion.
- Time allotted for the presentation is 2+8+2 minutes. Two minutes for pitching, 8 minutes for B-plan power point presentation and 2 minutes for Q & A. The competition is scheduled on Tuesday 28th May 2019.
- All the participants will be given participation certificate. There is a first prize of Rs 10,000/, second prize of Rs 6000/ and third prize of Rs 4000/ for the first three winners of B plan competition along with certificate of appreciation. Best elevator pitch of the Business opportunity will be awarded with cash prize of Rs 4000/ and certificate of appreciation. Best prototype will be awarded with cash prize of Rs 6000/ and certificate of appreciation.
- Feasible ideas will also be provided incubation support to make the projects viable. Judges’ decisions will be final and binding.
The following ventures have received prizes in this year’s competition and will be helped by the institute to incubate their business if the desire:
- Pradeep Magdum: Diet Kitchen
- PratimaPatil: V Roots
- ShubhamChougula: Green Grow Farms
- Financial budget of Rs. 50000/-
- Manpower: 2Faculty, administration staff of IMER. Student co-ordinators